(click for larger version)
September 26, 2012Third Degree Glass Factory is hosting its Red Hot 10th Birthday Bash with fiery fun that will include a Pumpkin Death Match, Jack-O-Blo and more on Friday, Oct. 19, 6 to 10 p.m., at its location at 5200 Delmar Blvd.
Third Degree's Third Friday Free Party is a St. Louis tradition with people of all ages enjoying a free evening of glass-blowing demonstrations, live music, art openings and fire performances.
The Red Hot 10th Birthday Bash will host several unique activities:
• Pumpkin Death Match. Watch artist teams compete and determine which pumpkin lives – or gets tanked. See what happens when the loser pumpkin is dunked in the death tank.
• Thriller II. Fire spinners from Fire Technicians Performance Troupe slide and moon walk their way to fiery zombie fame with a special tribute performance that will thrill. See how they breathe a "10" into the night.
• Bead Pass. Watch artists demonstrate techniques as they take a bead, decorate it with stringers and frit, and pass it to the next artist.
• Jack-O-Blo. The Big. The Baddest. Third Degree Glass has a team of glassblowers who blow the hugest mutha of a glass pumpkin possible. There will be a free raffle to win this glass pumpkin.
• Video Art On The Building. See molten glass from the blowpipe's point of view. Watch it flow, grow and glow. A one-night-only video art installation outdoors by commercial photographer/videographer Tony Carosella.
• Create Glass Art. Sign up to create a paperweight, Halloween beads or jewelry ($25 to $35).
• Music by Rosewood. Known for their three-part harmonies, Rosewood rocks classical favorites by the Beatles, Eagles, James Taylor, America, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, and others.
• Food and Drink. Chef Heidi will be cooking up small plates ranging from $2 to $8. Frostbite Gourmet Ice Cream will be passes out free tastes and there will also be drinks of the month available for purchase.
To see a complete listing of birthday bash events or for more information, visit www.stlglass.com or call 367-4527.